Thread: programmer

mujib Choudhury Guest

Default programmer

get message in browser<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find file &#039(unknown)&#039. <BR><BR>//global.asa, line 54 <BR><BR>the code in global.asa reads<BR><BR><BR> dbDSN = "gettha"<BR> &#039dbUSR = "Admin"<BR> &#039dbPWD = ""<BR> SQL = "SELECT * FROM Params WHERE pkID = 1"<BR><BR> Set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> cn.Open dbDSN, &#039dbUSR, dbPWD<BR><BR> Set rsParams = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR> With rsParams<BR> .Open SQL, cn, adOpenDynamic ,adLockPessimistic<BR> End With<BR><BR>can anyone help please

Sathiya Guest

Default RE: programmer

May be this can be a reason<BR>dbDSN = "gettha"<BR>&#039dbUSR = "Admin" --&#062; I think this is comment<BR>&#039dbPWD = "" --&#062; I think this is comment<BR>SQL = "SELECT * FROM Params WHERE pkID = 1"<BR><BR>Set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>cn.Open dbDSN, &#039dbUSR, dbPWD --&#062; I think this also a comment but it has a "," before comment<BR><BR>Set rsParams = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>With rsParams<BR>.Open SQL, cn, adOpenDynamic ,adLockPessimistic<BR>End With<BR><BR>can anyone help please

Leungas Guest

The line with cn.Open dbDSN, &#039dbUSR, dbPWD will not work since all the code after the quote will be see as comment. <BR><BR>i.e. the ODBC can only read the DSN path. Which likely cannot locate the actual DB.

Ryan S. Guest

Yes the previous post is correct by Leungus.<BR>If you are trying to comment out the dbUSR you need to move the comment location.<BR><BR>You have:<BR> cn.Open dbDSN, &#039dbUSR, dbPWD<BR><BR>Should look like:<BR> cn.Open dbDSN &#039, dbUSR, dbPWD<BR>or<BR> cn.Open dbDSN, dbUSR, dbPWD<BR><BR>Hope that helps.<BR><BR><BR>