Advice needed.....

Thread: Advice needed.....

David Highlander Guest

Default Advice needed.....

I am trying to build an application that would allow users to make a “Service Request” for me to come and fix their laptops, printers what ever.<BR><BR>Currently I have a database with the fields “request_info” and “username” <BR><BR>The user puts in their username and request and hit submit and it is stored in the database. Now what I want to do is display the data on the intranet when I logon and no one else. That’s where I am having trouble. Any suggestions?<BR>

Default RE: Advice needed.....

David,<BR><BR>Just wondering if you were wanting to know how to lock it down or how to display it or both? <BR><BR>To display the records you need a way to keep track of what you have done and what needs to be your gonna have to add another field to your table. I&#039ll call it.. "done". Put a default value on the field of "N". This away it will be marked as NOT being done when new records are entered.<BR><BR>Your query will be something like this...<BR>strSQL = "SELECT username, request_info, done FROM tblName WHERE done = &#039N&#039"<BR>This will get all service request that you need to do. To spit them out, do a loop.<BR><BR>RS.Movefirst<BR>Do Until RS.EOF<BR>Response.Write(username & " " & request_info)<BR>RS.Movenext<BR>Loop<BR><BR>As far as locking it down so only you can view it. There are a couple of ways to do this. <BR>1. talk to your NT admin (NT security, basic)<BR>2. use a session variable and keep checking to see if it is there.<BR>3. You could also use a database (have a look at this..<BR><BR>HTH,<BR>DRUG_DEALER<BR><BR><B R>