need help for a search.asp

Thread: need help for a search.asp

Bernd Guest

Default need help for a search.asp

I want a search.asp where people can search my homepage, but I don`t know how to create such a asp. I hope someone can help me.<BR>Thank in advance

Chris Willey Guest

Default RE: need help for a search.asp

This is not the easiest thing to do. Assuming you&#039re running IIS, you could make use of Index Server (comes with IIS). That&#039s kind of involved, though. The tricky thing about this is that it&#039s not as easy as just creating a script to search html files. I would recommend looking into a search utility that&#039s already been written. Excite used to have a decent free one, but I&#039m not sure if you can still get it.<BR><BR>If you want to give Index server a try, I would recommend this book:<BR><BR>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1575212129/qid%3D931202686/002-5498824-4930251<BR><BR>It&#039s called "Designing and Implementing Microsoft Index Server" and will show you everything you need to know. If you have questions about getting it to work, I have implemented it on my site and would be glad to share the code with you.

kerry singer Guest

Default RE: need help for a search.asp

i have tried to do this ( unsucessfully) . Has anyone had<BR>any sucess using a separate catalog for a virtual server<BR>using IIS and index server 2.0.<BR>thanks