Have a problem getting form data

Thread: Have a problem getting form data

Default Have a problem getting form data

I originally posted this with the wrong code: <BR><BR> I have the following HTML being written to a page: <BR><BR>Response.Write("&#060;td&#062;&#060;inpu t size=6 name= " & objrs("pk_RouteID") & "wbTrailerNumber value=" & objRS("wbTrailerNumber")& "&#062;&#060;Font Size=2&#062;&#060;/font&#062;&#060;/td&#062;") <BR><BR>There is also a check box with a value of the same Primary key as shown above. <BR><BR>At the same time you will notice that the name of the input field is the PK value along with the an actual string called "wbTrailerNumber". This part works great. Here is where the problem begins. <BR><BR>The strUpdate list is populated with the value of each checkbox which is the Pk value from the table. That part works correctly. <BR><BR>if strAction = "Update" then<BR><BR> strUpdateList = Request("Update")<BR> strRouteSplit = split(strUpdateList,",")<BR> wbTrailerNumber = "wbTrailerNumber"<BR>for i = lbound(strRouteSplit) to Ubound(strRouteSplit) <BR> <BR>Response.Write Request.form(strRouteSplit(i) & "wbTrailerNumber") <BR> Next <BR>end if <BR><BR>In order to get the value from the actual input box I need to combine the pk value and the string "wbtralerNumber" when I request it in the loop, the first time i get the right data and it all works. The second time it will not concatenate with "wbTrailerNumber to get the value I need. I don&#039;t understand it. I Have actually hard coded the value but it still only returns blanks. I am thinking it&#039;s something I am just not saying. SO HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Default **Crossposted***

In ASP Q & A:<BR><BR>http://www.aspmessageboard.com/forum/asp.asp?M=352715&F=20&P=1