Submitting forms to an ASP function

Thread: Submitting forms to an ASP function

Default Submitting forms to an ASP function

it&#039;s an early monday.....<BR><BR>i&#039;m getting an "object expected" error when trying to submit a form to itself and have a onClick to an ASP funtion. <BR><BR>&#060;input type="submit" value="Get Report" id=submit1 name=submit1 onClick=verifyLogon()&#062; <BR><BR>And that verifyLogon() function just does a check and then a redirect. I tried just using a VBScript function and the call worked, but I got an error when trying to open a databse. And since i&#039;ve never done that with VBScript I was wanting to just use an ASP function.<BR><BR>Thanks.

Default Well, i'd've done it this way...

&#060;form name="form1" method="post" action="process.asp"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;input type="submit" value="Get Report" id=submit1 name=submit1&#062; <BR><BR><BR>then use Request.Form("{variable}") in the asp, validate the data, and Response.Redirect them either to an error page, the original page with an error message, or a succesful submission page.

Default That sure as hell won't work.

Read the FAQs in the category The Nature of Things.<BR><BR>You can&#039;t directly call ASP from Javascript.<BR><BR>-Doug