Customized Tooltip

Thread: Customized Tooltip

Default Customized Tooltip

Hi,<BR><BR>I know it is not exactly ASP question but feel you might have some suggestions.<BR><BR>Has anyone created customized Tool tip in HTML page ? The &#060;a tilte=&#039;message here&#039;&#062; appears for 5-6 seconds only. In my ASP page I need to display the tool tip for atleast 15 seconds. I&#039;m displaying some critical data in tool tip and users need more time to understand/ note that info.<BR><BR>Today I saw one article in microsoft site. It looks too complex. <BR><BR>I don&#039;t understand the need of all the files they used.<BR>My interdev is not even recognizing &#060;HTML xmlns:tool&#062; tag<BR><BR>Any suggestions/ideas ?<BR><BR>THANKS<BR>

Default RE: Customized Tooltip

1. interdev isn&#039;t a browser. why would it recognise something introduced more recently than itself?<BR>2. it&#039;s only complex because you heaven&#039;t read the support files<BR>3.<BR>4. the MS solution is IE only. it uses HTC behaviours for (I assume) dHTML tooltips<BR>5. if the data is THAT critical, it shouldn&#039;t be in a tooltip. break up that word - "tool" "tip" - it&#039;s a hint, not vital data.<BR><BR>j<BR><BR>