While Not RS.EOF

Thread: While Not RS.EOF

Default While Not RS.EOF

I am planning a change to a shopping cart application and I need some advice on planning out the SQL before I write it.<BR><BR>Currently, the SQL is all based on rows in a table called "cart" that list individual menu items people can select for a catering event. In various permutations, the code uses While Not RS.EOF to iterate through items in the cart.<BR><BR>The change I want to make is to add data from a second table called "events" that will have the name, date, customerID, and eventID for each event(which might have 10 menu items associated with it). I will also add a foriegn key to the "cart" table mirroring the eventID in the "events" table, thereby associating each instance of each menu item with a specific event in addition to a specific customer.<BR><BR>My question is whether I can simply call up data from both tables in the existing SQL statements, or whether I will need to create a separate SQL statement to call up the "event" data each time. I am wondering if my use of the While Not RS.EOF control structure is going to make it impossible to separate the one event from the 10 separate items in each event&#039;s menu.<BR><BR>Can anyone offer advice before I start writing the code?<BR>

Default RE: While Not RS.EOF

I think what you&#039;re looking for is &#039;data shaping&#039;<BR><BR>control structure has nothing to do with it. try looking on http://www.apsin.com/ for tutorials on data shaping.<BR><BR>j<BR>http://www.sydneypubguide.net/

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, General

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including the one you are reading right now.<BR><BR>If you don&#039;t want to use data shaping, then I think the "categories and subcategories" FAQ in the above noted category *might* be what you are after.<BR><BR>