Can't Connect to DB

Thread: Can't Connect to DB

Howard Bashinski Guest

Default Can't Connect to DB

I&#039m a very experienced Access and HTML developer but am new to ASP. I&#039ve written a small DB to test my server/DNS configuration, etc. However, when I try to open a simple table I get the following error message:<BR><BR>---------------------<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] The Microsoft Jet database<BR>engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by<BR>another user, or you need permission to view its data.<BR><BR>/staff/bashinsk/web/table1_1.asp, line 16<BR>---------------------<BR><BR>The "line 16" to which the message refers is my connect string, which looks like this:<BR><BR> "bashinsk","",""<BR><BR>"bashinsk" is the DSN assigned to my DB file.<BR><BR>My first thought was that there was some Access permission that I wasn&#039t granting, but I can&#039t find anything wrong. I&#039m certain I have the correct DSN and am certain that it points to the correct DB.<BR><BR>What am I doing wrong?<BR><BR>TIA<BR><BR>

Default RE: Can't Connect to DB

Make sure the database is not open in "design mode". When you do this, access puts a lock on it. Also double check your path. Is this running on IISNT or on a desktop with PWS?<BR><BR>HTH<BR>DRUG_DEALER