date format

Thread: date format

Kay Guest

Default date format

I am new to asp and am having trouble reading a long format date from an access database and displaying it from a query as the month ie January, February ...instead of 02/11/99, which is what I am getting at the moment using the code below:<BR><BR>&#060;%=Server.HTMLEncode(rs.Fields( "date").Value)%&#062;<BR><BR>Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Default RE: date format

You could use the FormatDateTime Function to format the date as you wish.<BR><BR> has more info on this, I believe the link is on the left, and it says something about Date and Time???<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jerry

Default Formatting Dates

The date format in Access only applies to how it is displayed within the Access Application. It does not change how the date is represented internaly.<BR><BR>If you need to display a date in a specific format you should strongly consider manualy splitting up the parts<BR>&#060;%<BR>dtDate = rs("date")<BR>Response.Write MonthName(dtDate) & " " & Day(dtDate) & ", " &Year(dtDate)<BR>%&#062;<BR>p.s. <BR>The fields collection is the default collection for a rs.<BR>The value method is the default method of a rs field.<BR><BR>:)<BR><BR>