Unspecified error

Thread: Unspecified error

Default Unspecified error

I&#039m having a problem with a database I get this error:<BR>===<BR>Provider error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>Unspecified error <BR><BR>/results3.asp, line 118 <BR>===<BR>I&#039ve never seen this error before, and the code, nor the database have been touched. If I were to ftp the database to my server, it will open one recordset successfully, but then it will give me that error on any other recordset on the page, or if the page is reloaded, it gives me that error. Any ideas?

Default RE: Unspecified error

What is the code on line 118? Also, show us the code where you open your connection and open your recordset.

OPENING THE RECORDSET<BR>=====<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>set rs=Server.CreateObject("adodb.Recordset")<BR>set rsc= Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>connect me="DSN=db1"<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>====<BR>CODE ON LINE 118<BR>====<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>rs.open sqlstmt, connectme<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>====

The second argument to the recordset&#039s open method should be the connection object.<BR><BR>Try this:<BR><BR>Before 118, if you don&#039t already have this line, add it:<BR>rsc.open connectme<BR><BR>This will open your connection to the database.<BR>Then, on line 118, replace:<BR><BR>rs.open sqlstmt, connectme<BR><BR>with<BR><BR>rs.open sqlstmt, rsc<BR><BR>Also, you might want to think of prefixing your variables so that they are more readable. (See http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/102998-2.shtml)<BR><BR>Have a great day!

Stephen FIsher Guest

Try support.microsoft.com/support and go to where you can search. Search on the error number. I was there yesterday and say a lot of entries for the error number you have.