Ground Zero

Thread: Ground Zero

Default Ground Zero

Hello,<BR><BR>I know nothing about what I have read in the last hour. This is my first time ever playing with a language that actually needed to be compiled. I think many of you would recommend I go start back at C, but it seems this is where I am at for now.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve just installed the .net sdk to compile this C# script. After I name the hellow.cs script and save it, I then type csc hellow.cs (enter) It tells me fatal error, cannot find file.. no inputs specified.<BR><BR>I&#039;m really interested in learning this, but I am at a great disadvantage with my limited programming knowledge. Regardless, I would still appreciated it if people passing through here could help me out. <BR><BR>Thanks,

Default RE: Ground Zero

Hi... I&#039;m not sure that I&#039;ll be a great deal of help, but, this is how I do it.<BR><BR>Rather that going straight into the command prompt, go to the VS.NET Command prompt. You can locate it by going in through...<BR><BR>Start<BR>o-- All Programs<BR> o-- Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 7.0<BR> o-- Visual Studio .NET Tools<BR> o-- Visual Studio .NET Command Prompt<BR><BR>Start that little baby up, and try hitting the csc exe from there.

It seems that microsoft is charging for that. Apparently it was free during beta testing.

This may sound a little stupid, but are you in the same directory as your .cs file, you may be trying to compile c:hellow.cs rather than say c:somefolderhellow.cs<BR>

Hello,<BR><BR> I thinks it&#039;s not major problem "can&#039;t find file." please make sure that u had save file with .cs extension. because this is general problem when anybody starts programming.and also be careful about dir. under which u r saving file because u must run program from under it.<BR><BR>umesh

&#060;PRE&#062;