Thread: response.redirect

Default response.redirect

Is there any reasons why I should try and avoid using <BR>response.redirect in my code whereing I have to set the buffer on by insertins the response.buffer=true. Its just that , I have been asked to develop this application cleanly and I am wondering if there is an alternative or what are the negative aspects of using the redirect and having to turn on th ebuffer.<BR>Thanks

Default You *want* this!

*EVERY* page on your site should be using Response.Buffer = True if buffering isn&#039;t enabled on the site, by default!<BR><BR>One performance test showed a TEN TO ONE improvement in performance with buffering enabled. (That was pretty extreme, but two to one and more is common.)<BR><BR>Note: MS tumbled to this a while back, and the current version of ASP enables buffering automatically. If you are running on an older version, by all means turn it on! And if you are not sure, turn it on just in case.<BR><BR>[See, I&#039;m not gone yet. Well, what the heck, it&#039;s snowing here and I didn&#039;t want to do work around the house, anyway.]<BR><BR>