Whats the best way to go about this?

Thread: Whats the best way to go about this?

Default Whats the best way to go about this?

Hello All,<BR><BR> I have a database with events in it. I want to have a thing where 2 weeks before a certain event takes place, each person who signed up for the notification is sent an email with the event that is scheduled to happen in two weeks? <BR><BR> Is there any way to automate this so that it does it all by itself? I would be really annoying if i had to there every day and make the site send out the emails.<BR><BR>Tom -

Default Windows Script Host

WSH allows you to use VBScript (*not* ASP! just pure VBS code!) to write code that can then be scheduled via the standard Windows task scheduler.<BR><BR>It&#039;s just like writing ASP code, but you don&#039;t use &#060;% %&#062; because it&#039;s all 100% VBS code. And the file has a ".vbs" extension.<BR><BR>Yes, you get to use all the same components (e.g., ADO and CDONTS) as you use with ASP.<BR><BR>Check out MSDN.microsoft.com for Windows Script Host info.<BR><BR>HINT: Debug the code using ASP first and then transfer it to a .vbs file after stripping out the HTML stuff and the &#060;% %&#062; tags.<BR><BR>