XML Serialization Article in 4 Guys Problem

Thread: XML Serialization Article in 4 Guys Problem

Default XML Serialization Article in 4 Guys Problem

Hi,<BR>I went through the most recent XML Serialization Article on the site. It worked fine. However the example doesn&#039;t use a code behind which is what I wanted. When I tried to move the code into the aspx.vb it seems to trip up on the XML tags that were interspersed in the script.<BR>For example the first tag read:<BR><BR>&#060;XMLElement(ElementName:="Proper ty_Name")&#062; _<BR><BR>which it did not like. I tried changing it to<BR><BR>&#060;XMLElement(ElementName:="Property_ Name")&#062;<BR><BR>It didn&#039;t like that either. I am pretty certain there is a way to do it. <BR>What is the magic encantation?? :)<BR><BR>thanks, <BR>jima<BR>

Default RE: XML Serialization Article in 4 Guys Problem

Jima said:<BR>&#062; it seems to trip up on the XML tags that <BR>&#062; were interspersed in the script<BR><BR>What do you mean by &#039;trip up&#039;? What error message are you seeing?

Default RE: XML Serialization Article in 4 Guys Problem

Hi Frodo,<BR>Yeah I should have been a bit more specific. Sorry.<BR><BR>When I try to run the page I get build errors. 3 of them. One for each of the XML tags in the code. The error msg reads:<BR>Expected one of &#039;Dim&#039;, &#039;Const&#039;, &#039;Public&#039;, &#039;Private&#039;, &#039;Protected&#039;, &#039;Friend&#039;, &#039;Shadows&#039;, &#039;ReadOnly&#039; or &#039;Shared&#039;.<BR><BR>The first line of code to trigger this error looks like this:<BR>&#060;XmlRoot(ElementName:="Class_Person" )&#062; <BR><BR>.NET places that nifty squiggly line under the final "&#062;" char in each line.<BR><BR>Thanks for taking the time to help out.<BR>jima<BR>