Multiple Outer Joins using MS Jet SQL

Thread: Multiple Outer Joins using MS Jet SQL

Elad Altstein Guest

Default Multiple Outer Joins using MS Jet SQL

^^Previous posting problems sorry if this msg appears twice^^<BR><BR>Hey All,<BR><BR>I&#039m trying desperatley to construct a SQL Query using an outer join on three different tables.<BR><BR>I&#039ve used Oracle alot and the syntax for this would be:<BR>SELECT Table1.Name, Table2.Name, Table3.Name<BR>FROM Table1, Table2, Table3<BR>WHERE Table1.Id = 1 --- this is to extract a single record<BR>AND Table1.Table2Id = Table2.Id (+) --- Oracle&#039s outer join token<BR>AND Table1.Table3Id = Table3.Id (+) <BR><BR>Needless to say this wont work under MS Jet SQL since the nifty little Oracle (+) doesnt work it.<BR><BR>Anyone have any insights on how to acheive this amazing feat?<BR><BR>I&#039ve managed to do it for two tables like:<BR>SELECT Table1.Name, Table2.Name<BR>FROM Table1 LEFT JOIN Table2 ON Table1.Table2Id = Table2.Id<BR>WHERE Table1.Id = 1<BR><BR>I cant seem to figure out the syntax to add another table to this query,<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR> Elad A.

Default RE: Multiple Outer Joins using MS Jet SQL

Elad - as far as I can figure out, Access really doesn&#039t like outer joins. What you might try is constructing a query to do the first join and then a second query to join the third table to the result of the first join. Messy I know, but I just might work.<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Dunc