XML from Flash to ASP

Thread: XML from Flash to ASP

Default XML from Flash to ASP

I&#039;m actually not sure if this is the right forum for this, so please let me know if it isn&#039;t.<BR><BR>I am creating a web application using Flash and ASP. I have a flash movie sending some XML to an ASP page (using Flash&#039;s XML.send(), which sends using the POST method (which I don&#039;t really understand).<BR><BR>The problem I&#039;m having is that I&#039;m very new to ASP :). How do I access this data that flash has sent to the ASP page?<BR><BR>I&#039;ve done this successfully in the past in Cold Fusion using getHTTPRequestData()...if that helps anyone figure out what I&#039;m trying to do.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>Adam

Default have you tried the...

Microsoft components for it i.e<BR><BR>set xmldom = server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")<BR>set xmlhttp = server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")<BR><BR>xm ldom.load(Request)

Default RE: XML from Flash to ASP

It&#039;s important to know how to retrieve the data sent by Flash.<BR>Since it&#039;s a POST, they only way to retrieve it in ASP is with the REQUEST object, but you&#039;ll need a name to reference the data.<BR><BR>Try this :<BR><BR>data = request("XML")<BR><BR>and debug with <BR><BR>response.write data<BR><BR>If it doesn&#039;t work, try other names that might be used by Flash.<BR>Once you got the data in a string it&#039;s a piece of cake<BR><BR>Create a XMLDOM object :<BR><BR>objXML = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")<BR><BR>Loa d the data in the object :<BR><BR>objXML.Load(data)<BR><BR>Good luck,<BR>Tamara