[5 in a series...]<BR><BR>Thanks for everyone&#039s help so far. One more question:<BR><BR>When submitting a large string of text as an UPDATE to SQL 7.0, sometimes (at first) it goes in in about, oohhh.. 2.67 milliseconds. Then, sometimes, (and a lot more frequently, unfortunately) it times out my ASP script (or, more likely the SQL server?) Here&#039s the error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error &#039 80040e31&#039 <BR><BR>Timeout expired <BR><BR>/includes/db.inc, line 686<BR><BR>The line that this is referring to is my Transact SQL command string (RS.Execute nRecordsAffected) which is performing an UPDATE.<BR><BR>I adjusted my Server.ScriptTimeOut property, but the script still fails in right at 45 seconds. Running traces on my server reveals no heavy load, and the transaction is taking place on an intranet, so there is no considerable traffic problem.<BR><BR>The large field is being UPDATED to a default TEXT type column.<BR><BR>Any thoughts on where the gremlin could be here?<BR><BR>Sam