Cann't create ActiveX object

Thread: Cann't create ActiveX object

Yan B. Guest

Default Cann't create ActiveX object

I&#039ve created a custom ActiveX object and registered it on the server. But now my ASP script won&#039t recognize it. I get an error message "Server.CreateObject Failed". I&#039m running PWS under Win98. Here is the code I use:<BR><BR>set crypt = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.ClassEncrypt")<BR><BR>An y advise?<BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Yan B.

Leungas Guest

Default RE: Cann't create ActiveX object

Go to Regedit.exe<BR><BR>under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEClasses, look for the object there. If it is not there, it means the object does not exist (at least to the server).<BR><BR>CreateObject uses the class name to look for CLSID in the registry to create objects, so the key must exist or it bounce the CO error

Yan B. Guest

I found it under:<BR>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareCLASSESTypeLib {33873215-CCC8-11D3-B1BD-00C04F428A35}4.0win32<BR><BR>It contains the correct path to the .dll file.<BR><BR>What&#039s next?

Leungas Guest

Make sure there is a CLSID in<BR><BR>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareClasses&#060;w hatever class name you call&#062;<BR><BR>This will be the DLL that the Create Object will call<BR><BR>e.g. If I call a server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet"),<BR>in my server machine, it must have the key in<BR>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareClassesADODB.Recor dSet<BR><BR>hope this help you out<BR>