unanswered: changing dropdown boxes

Thread: unanswered: changing dropdown boxes

Default unanswered: changing dropdown boxes

Hello. I have a 5 dropdown boxes with, say, 20 options in each. I want the value of one dropdown box to populate a second dropdown box with the appropriate 20 options. <BR><BR>Say the first dropdown box is for "Group" -- If the user chooses Engineering as the group, I want the next dropdown box to be populated with the 20 items in that group. <BR><BR>Right now, I have each dropdown box in a separate .HTM page which I&#039;m pulling in with SSI&#039;s... <BR><BR>What is the way I should do this? Thank you very much for your help. <BR><BR>I don&#039;t mind doing it on page refresh, but I&#039;m afraid I don&#039;t know how. I have a page with 15 rows, 2 dropdown boxes in each row.. The first dropdown box is the group, the 2nd dropdown box are the responsibilities associated with that chosen group..<BR><BR>Any ideas? thanks,<BR><BR>dep

Default answered: changing dropdown boxes

in the FAQs, also an example on www.clearviewdesign/NEWBIE<BR><BR>use the onChange event of the combobox to submit the page

Default RE: answered: changing dropdown boxes

I actually gave a bit of an example in an earlier post today if you look a bit lower.

Default see Tables - Help!!!!

Tables - Help!!!!<BR>below

Default you couldn't just link to it? :) <eop�

Default in that case

dep should have sticked to the thread or posted a link to the previous thread..

Default no...

no...well...maybe...<BR><BR>Hey, it&#039;s just an example, not the gospel :-)

Default lol

Default where is this example?

links are nice.<BR><BR>dep<BR>