NEWBIE: query multiple tables from access

Thread: NEWBIE: query multiple tables from access

Default NEWBIE: query multiple tables from access

Hello,<BR><BR>I have seen Bill&#039;s FAQ on this but after attempting to adopt his steps in my own code, things still will not work. Furthermore, I&#039;m not even sure if what I am trying to do will work due to my access setup.<BR><BR>I have 2 tables. What called Comments and another called Trucks.<BR>Each has a primary key named "Id" so what I want to do is query the db and get * FROM "Trucks" and the "Comments" fields from "Comments" that has the same ID. Does that makes sense?<BR><BR>This seems like it would be very confusing if you had, say.... 8 tables. What is the best way?<BR><BR>Here is one more example:<BR>&#039;-----------------------------------------------------------<BR>&#039;this is the code that I use to query the DB<BR>"SELECT * FROM Trucks ORDER BY Id, ObjConn<BR>&#039;-----------------------------------------------------------<BR>this obviously does not hit 2 tables, but I just wanted to include it so that my above description would maybe make a little more sense.<BR><BR>Looking forward to your responses!<BR><BR>Steve<BR>

Default RE: NEWBIE: query multiple tables from access

Prepend the table name to the front of field name<BR><BR>Truck.ID, Comments.ID