Server.Transfer vs Response.Write

Thread: Server.Transfer vs Response.Write

bart_bart Guest

Default Server.Transfer vs Response.Write

I just read the MS article ( <BR><BR>regarding the use of Server.Transfer vs Response.Write, but can&#039t get the asp to respond as expected. <BR><BR><BR>I&#039m developing on PWS before porting over to NT. The error I recieve is:<BR><BR>runtime error 800a01b6 object doesn&#039t support this property or method Server.Transfer <BR><BR><BR>statement was <BR><BR>&#060;% if Session("bolTrigger") = False Then<BR>Server.Transfer ("/")<BR>end if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Are there any tricks or caveats in getting this to work?<BR><BR>Seems like the savings on retutn trips to the server would be worth the effort of using this redirection method.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR><BR>Bart N.<BR><BR>

Matt Jacyno Guest

Default RE: Server.Transfer vs Response.Write

Server.Transfer is new in IIS 5.0 - that&#039s why it can&#039t find the method.

Jason Miller Guest

Default RE: Server.Transfer vs Response.Write

Unless I&#039m mistaken, the server.transfer (and server.execute) are new to IIS5/ASP3 -- which would, of course, result in your PWS not having a clue as to what you&#039re talking about.

Alphabet Guest

Default READ THE DOC

bart_bart Guest

Default Thanks for explanation

Hm...wish I&#039d seen a version reference in the MS article before I had asked and learn!<BR><BR>Thanks Again!!<BR>Bart