Database Permission Problem

Thread: Database Permission Problem

Default Database Permission Problem

Hello everyone. I am using the ODBC system DSN method to access database in my ASP application. My database is an access file called car.mdb. My connection string looks like this:<BR><BR>DSN=CAR; Database=car; USER=sa; PWD=<BR><BR>When I try to run the ASP, I encounter the following error:<BR><BR>"Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039;(unknown)&#039;. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.<BR>/_CarlsTemplates/Elements/, line 344"<BR><BR><BR>I know this is something about the permission problem, yet I don&#039;t know exactly how to solve it.<BR>I set the directory in which the database file resides to yield full control to InternetUsers, but it doesn&#039;t work.<BR><BR>Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?<BR><BR>Thank you very much!<BR>

Default ASPFAQs, category Databases, Errors

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including the one you are reading now.<BR><BR>That *may* not address your problem, but you should at least try what it suggests, first.<BR><BR>