stoping the cache

Thread: stoping the cache

Default stoping the cache

I&#039;ve been reading some of the fags on this. I&#039;ve tested response.cachecontrol = "no-cache" and it works. However reading another article ( they suggest that i use the following code. My question is why when response.cachecontrol = "no-cache" works. Also my users will only be using ie<BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Expires = 60<BR>Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"<BR>Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR>%&#062;<BR>

Default RE: stoping the cache

I&#039;m in a similar situation, all users have IE (corp intranet). However, there are at least 5 or 6 different IE variants when you count versions,Service Packs and security updates. I&#039;ve found just the one line will work for *most* IE variants, but not *all*. I have found the &#039;Cache No More&#039; code to work every time, for every IE variant, without question.<BR>I suggest the cache no-more variation. You could put the code into an include and call it when necessary.<BR>