ASP ADO error

Thread: ASP ADO error

Default ASP ADO error

I hope you can help me, what i have is kind of strange..<BR>In my first try to make an SQL query using ASP it wrote the<BR>error:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E09)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] Cannot modify the design of table &#039;test&#039;. It is in a read-only database.<BR><BR>this is the code i tried:<BR>&#060;%<BR>set c = server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR> "dsn=MyDSN;"<BR>c.execute "create table first_table (Name char, Tel char)"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>the first two lines are done without error, when i add the third it says the error i wrote.<BR><BR>I couldn&#039;t find why this isn&#039;t working.<BR>I&#039;d appritiate any assistence you might have...

Default Your IUSR_???

...account for anonymous access through IIS does not have write permissions on the folder or file the database is in.<BR><BR>By default, all anonymous IIS http requests are handled with this user whether or not you are logged into your desktop as another user.

Default RE: ASP ADO error

Go to and search for this error number 80040E09. It will keep you mezmerized for hours. I found this:<BR><BR>...<BR>that&#039;s a permissions issue. Check the permissions set on the db. They are "read only" right now.<BR><BR>I use to search for all sorts of techy help!<BR>Good Luck<BR><BR>