Array help

Thread: Array help

Ed Croson Guest

Default Array help

I need to return a shipping charge on a form, based on the total cost of an order. There are 8 price ranges (of total cost) corresponding to 8 shipping charges. I was thinking building an array would be a good way to do this, rather than a bunch of &#039 If Then&#039s &#039, and also faster than going to a table in a database to match up values. From what I have seen, I believe a 2 dimensional array would work well, but I have NO experience with arrays.<BR> Can anyone give me some help on building an array that would match up the order total with the correct shipping charge?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Ed Croson

Gizz Guest

Default RE: Array help

Main prob with hardcoding is it would be diffo to change the amounts subsequently. I&#039d look closer at DBs or maybe text files for storage.<BR>For multi-dim arrays, try<BR>http://www.asptoday.com/default.asp?art=19990302.htm<BR>Regards<BR>Gizz

Ed Croson Guest

Default RE: Array help

Thanks for the response.<BR>I have thought about using a database, but I really wanted to save at least more trip to a Db if at all possible. I didn&#039t notice the part in your response about text files the first time I read it. Could you tell me a little more about how I would use one in this case?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Ed Croson