Sending Mail in ASP.NET

Thread: Sending Mail in ASP.NET

Default Sending Mail in ASP.NET

I downloaded a .aspx file from to send mail. My IIS does not show SMTP running and I was wondering if this is why I get the error: <BR><BR>---------------------------------------------------------------<BR>The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. <BR>Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. <BR><BR>Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid. <BR><BR>Source Error: <BR><BR><BR>Line 24: mail.Body = "HTML Message sent from using ASP.NET and Cdonts<BR>&#060;a href=&#039;;&#062;Wonder how this is done?&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;a href=&#039;;&#062;Wonder How to setup CDONTS?&#060;/a&#062;"<BR>Line 25: mail.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Html<BR>Line 26: SmtpMail.Send(mail)<BR>Line 27: End If<BR>Line 28: End Sub<BR> <BR>Do I need SMTP service running to send mail using CDONTS?

Default RE: Sending Mail in ASP.NET

Yes, CDONTS uses the SMTP service of IIS to send mail as far as I know. You may also need to check under the SMTP properties under security that IUSR_Username is added as an operator and that you allow anonymous access. In case you were wondering, IIS uses the QUEUE directory under INETPUB/mailroot as the store for outgoing messages. <BR><BR>You can take a look in this directory to see if your mails are going out or not.