When is the session created in ASP?

Thread: When is the session created in ASP?

Default When is the session created in ASP?

I am JSP developer. JSP has getSession(true) method of the request object which creates a session if there is no existing one. I browesed through the ASP documentation and found nothing similar except SessionId? <BR>My question is when does the IIS create a session, and how can i verify if the session was created? I am writing a login page. If the user logs in successefully I want to create session and store users access codes in it. If the user has not logged in successefuly (wrong pass/id) no session will be created and the user will be redirected to another page. Also if someone tries to type in url, no session will be created.<BR><BR>Any help is greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>thanks

Default RE: When is the session created in ASP?

Is session is always created unless the option has been turned off in IIS service manager, or by the @EnableSessionState directive.<BR><BR><BR>j<BR>http://www.atrax.ws/

Default Correct., but...

More than that, a Session *OBJECT* is created only if you store something into the Session.Contents collection.<BR><BR>This is a performance and memory advantage: If the persistent object isn&#039;t needed, no time or space is used to remember it.<BR><BR>And for what it&#039;s worth, ASP Sessions are always cookie-based, no choice, unlike JSP&#039;s choices. So no cookies in browser == no session.<BR><BR><BR>