MySQL conversion

Thread: MySQL conversion

Default MySQL conversion

I have looked over the site but cant seem to figure this out. I have my site written in ASP connecting to an Access 2000 database. However, now we have upgraded to MySQL and I am not sure what changes I need to make for my pages to work again.<BR><BR>Here is how I connect to my database now.<BR><BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> objConn.ConnectionString = ""<BR>objConn.Open<BR><BR>My hosting service has given me the following information.<BR><BR>UserName: testuser<BR>Password: passwordtest <BR>Host: <BR>Database Name: shops001<BR><BR>What changes would I make to convert my ASP from accessing the Access database to accessing the MySQL database?<BR><BR>Thanks for any help you can provide.<BR> <BR>

Default RE: MySQL conversion

Try like this:<BR><BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString = "DRIVER={MySQL};;DATABASE=s hops001;UID=testuser;pwd=passwordtest"<BR>objConn. Open<BR><BR>

Default In Addition....Existing ASP query code

If you are using Dates and Time datatypes, your existing coding might break. Access syntax for dates and time are slightly different than SQL Server. It is not too bad, but expect some code breaks if you are referencing these datatypes.