Random Record code suddenly stops working

Thread: Random Record code suddenly stops working

Kentium Guest

Default Random Record code suddenly stops working

For no apparent reason...my sp_GetRandomRecord stuff has stopped working. I get this error message-<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0bb9&#039; <BR><BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>people_template.asp, line 68<BR><BR>Line 68 is-<BR><BR>objRec.Open strSQL, objCon, adOpenStatic<BR><BR>I can post more code if it helps...or if you have any idea why it would just suddenly stop working...that would sure help!<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default What have YOU changed?

In general things don&#039;t break magically.<BR><BR>Have you changed an include file, code on that page, the database, the stored proc, permissions, opened a window?<BR><BR>What&#039;s different than the last time it worked? Something definately is.<BR><BR>-Doug

Kentium Guest

Default i changed nuttin!

It&#039;s gremlins.<BR><BR>It worked one day, and then the next day it stopped.<BR><BR>It&#039;s bizzaro.

Kentium Guest

Default Ok..how about this?

I use this function to remove apostrophes-<BR><BR>&#039;deal with apostrophes<BR>Function RemoveCharacters() <BR> dim qstring,item <BR> Set qstring = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")<BR> qstring.CompareMode=1<BR> For each Item in Request.Querystring <BR> qstring.Add Cstr(Item), Replace(Request.Querystring(Item),"&#039;","&#039; &#039;") <BR> Next <BR> Set RemoveCharacters = qstring <BR>End Function<BR><BR>Is it possible that Scripting.Dictionary got corrupted or deleted?<BR><BR>On a side note, how is the above function different from this function-<BR><BR>&#039;deal with apostrophes<BR>function CleanUp(textin)<BR>if textin &#060;&#062; "" then<BR>CleanUp=Replace(textin, "&#039;", "&#039;&#039;")<BR>end if<BR>end function<BR><BR>Thanks!

Default RE: Ok..how about this?

Shortly after I installed the latest cumulative IE patch my asp pages referring to the scripting object would time out. In an attempt to debug, I tried to stop the www service, but it would freeze. Rebooting the machine didn&#039;t help. The only solution was to re-install IE 5.5. Once I did this everything would worked fine. <BR><BR>I had COM objects that used the scrrun.dll but they were not affected, only ASP pages. I don&#039;t know for sure if the service patch caused this but the two events were pretty closely related. Reinstalling IE won&#039;t hurt anything but it will "put things right" if the scrrun.dll has crashed.<BR><BR>..um ASP questions can refer not just to code.

Default I give up...

...what does that code have to do with the OPEN command???<BR><BR>Are you somehow using it to build the SQL string???<BR><BR>If so, how? <BR><BR>Please don&#039;t tell me you&#039;re passing the dictionary as the first argument to OPEN! <BR><BR>