Two databases

Thread: Two databases

Default Two databases

Is it possible to have two different database use the same DSN????<BR><BR> &#039Reference to the DSN variable<BR> strDSN = "DSN=testDatasource"<BR><BR> &#039Establish a connection to the database<BR> set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> cn.Open strDSN<BR><BR>Do they have to be in different directories?<BR><BR>

Neil Popham Guest

Default RE: Two databases

i don&#039t see how.<BR><BR>please note: this response probably only applies to MSAccess (i know nothing of the archtecture of SQL Server etc.).<BR><BR>can you not, if this is REALLY necessary, just put all the tables in one database - even if they are unrelated?<BR><BR>if you want this option because you have to pay for DSNs to be set up then you could use a DSN-less connection.<BR><BR>alternatively, if you have two physical databases you could used a linked table in one to the other to achieve some solutions. the server administrator will have to re-link the tables though as the link must use JET - which requires an absolute path to the linked DB.<BR><BR>i guess this begs the question WHY?