not to allow access to the site through address ba

Thread: not to allow access to the site through address ba

Default not to allow access to the site through address ba

hello,<BR><BR>I am really in a fix!!We are into multimedia where we provide the link of our site on client page.Due to lack of functional planning we already gave a link to them,ex:<BR>&#060;a href=""&#062;<BR><BR>As soon as the page link is clicked,it comes to our server where i get the name, make a check in the database and allow him to access our stuff.Now we are facing security problem,since any one who type in the browser the same address can access our stuff.I can use a cookie..but clients are not ready to change their link.Could any one me out to validate this problem from our side.Thanks in advance.

Default RE: not to allow access to the site through addres

You could check the value of Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")<BR>this gives you the site your visitors came from. <BR><BR>strCameFrom = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")<BR><BR>SEL ECT CASE strCameFrom<BR><BR> CASE ""<BR> &#039;do something<BR><BR> CASE ""<BR> &#039;do something else<BR><BR> CASE ELSE<BR> &#039;not allowed<BR><BR>END SELECT<BR><BR>There are a few things you need to know about HTTP_REFERER, check this faq for more info:<BR><BR>You could also make some login screen where users are prompted to enter a loginname and password to access the site.