ASP database connect error

Thread: ASP database connect error

Default ASP database connect error

I am using an ASP application that was purchased AS-IS and support is very limited.<BR> <BR>My situation is; I receive the below error on the execution of the code;<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not use &#039;(unknown)&#039;; file already in use. <BR> <BR>The line which generates the code is as follows;<BR>rsFORUM_MEMBERS.ActiveConnection = Session("eQuizPro_ConnectionString")<BR> <BR>This line is preceded by:<BR>set rsFORUM_MEMBERS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> <BR>I receive the same error when using both a DSN and DSN-less connection. I am currently using a ODBC connection and an Access 2000 database. From all indications this is the 1st opening of the file in the application. Thanks, to anyone with general pointers.

Default RE: ASP database connect error

This should help you... it is a permissions error:<BR>;EN-US;q174943

Default Your code is trying

to use a connection string in place of a connection object<BR><BR>.ActiveConnection is expecting an open connection object do<BR><BR>dim conn,rsFORUM_MEMBERS<BR><BR>set conn= Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>conn.Co nnectionString = Session("eQuizPro_ConnectionString")<BR>< BR>set rsFORUM_MEMBERS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rsFORUM_ MEMBERS.ActiveConnection = conn<BR><BR><BR>why are you storing the connection string in a session variable, do you have different db&#039;s by user?? Also this should be posted in the regular ASP Q&A<BR>