SQL 7 Connection String

Thread: SQL 7 Connection String

Default SQL 7 Connection String

I know this one has to be a joke, but I am going nuts. I have tried the following connection string direct from The Active Server Pages Bible to no avail. I am trying to do this DSN-less.<BR><BR>Sample of code where the UN is username and PW is pass:<BR>&#060;!--#include virtual="/adovbs.inc"--&#062;<BR><BR>Set dcndb = Server.Createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>dcn db.ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;"_<BR>& "Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=" _<BR>& "User ID=username;Password=pass;" _<BR>& "Inital Catalog=oailtt;Data Source=gtsdomain.com"<BR><BR>dcndb.open<BR><BR>The Error I am getting is:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error &#039;80040e4d&#039; <BR><BR>Login failed for user &#039;IUSR_GT-NETSERVER&#039;. <BR><BR>/test1.asp, line 14 <BR> I can figure out that it is trying to login as the IIS 5 guest user, but what I can&#039;t figure out is why it won&#039;t take the username and password I supplied it. I have also tried it with single &#039;. Any help is greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>J

Default RE: SQL 7 Connection String

not "User ID" but "uid"<BR><BR>"Provider=SQLOLEDB;uid=username;pwd=p ***;server=servername;database=dbname"<BR><BR>j<BR >http://www.atrax.ws/