i posted this in the db forum, but this seems to be getting more traffic. <BR><BR>my problem: I am trying to use stored procedures for the search engine on the site I am building.<BR><BR>All of this was working correctly when I developed on Access using SQL in the asp pages. Then I moved to SQL server 2000 (and wrote the sprocs) and I get this error on my results page:<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0cb3&#039; <BR><BR>Current Recordset does not support bookmarks. This may be a limitation of the provider or of the selected cursortype. <BR><BR>Now, in addition to the paging not working, the recordcount is also returning a -1 (which insinuates that its something with the cursor type), and I can&#039;t seem to get it to work. Can someone spot what I am doing wrong here? <BR><BR>Here is the relevant code:<BR><BR>conn.asp :<BR><BR>Con.Open "Provider=sqloledb;" & _ <BR>"Data Source=myservername;" & _<BR>"Initial Catalog=sunypress;" & _<BR>"User Id=sunylive;" & _<BR>"Password=*****;"<BR><BR>===========<BR><BR>r esults.asp: (the relevant stuff)<BR><BR>&#060;!-- #include FILE="conn.asp" --&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>keywordsearch = TRIM( Request.Form ( "keywordsearch" ))<BR>keywordsearch = REPLACE(keywordsearch,"&#039;","&#039;&#039;")<BR> orderby = Request.Form ("orderby" )<BR><BR>dim RSMainInfo<BR>dim objMainInfo<BR><BR>Set RSMainInfo = Server.CreateObject( "ADODB.Recordset" )<BR>RSMainInfo.CursorType = adOpenStatic<BR>RSMainInfo.ActiveConnection = Con<BR>RSMainInfo.CursorLocation = adUseClient<BR>RSMainInfo.PageSize = 5<BR><BR>&#039;call sproc to search for any matches with entered title/subtitle field<BR>Set objMainInfo = Server.CreateObject( "ADODB.Command" )<BR><BR>objMainInfo.ActiveConnection = Con<BR>objMainInfo.CommandText = "title_search"<BR>objMainInfo.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc<BR><BR>objMainInfo.Parameters.Appe nd objMainInfo.CreateParameter ("@orderby", adVarChar, adParamInput, 255)<BR><BR>objMainInfo.Parameters.Append objMainInfo.CreateParameter ("@keywordsearch", adVarChar, adParamInput, 255)<BR><BR>objMainInfo.Parameters("@orderby") = orderby<BR>objMainInfo.Parameters("@keywordsearch" ) = keywordsearch<BR><BR>Set RSMainInfo = objMainInfo.Execute<BR><BR>Set objMainInfo = nothing<BR><BR>&#039; supposedly if my cursor supports bookmarks, this should be true<BR>&#039; i read this on a site somewhere ?? <BR>If RSMainInfo.Supports(adBookmark) Or RSMainInfo.Supports(adApproxPosition) Then<BR>reponse.write "fff"<BR>Response.end<BR>end if<BR><BR>&#039;... some code ... <BR><BR>IF RSMainInfo.RecordCount &#062; 1 THEN<BR>&#039; ... display search sort form<BR>END IF<BR><BR>&#039;if recordset is not null, display results <BR>IF NOT RSMainInfo.EOF AND keywordsearch &#060;&#062; "" THEN<BR>RSMainInfo.AbsolutePage = pg<BR>&#039;.... the rest of my long page<BR><BR>=====================<BR>some notes:<BR><BR>- the error comes on the line :<BR>RSMainInfo.AbsolutePage = pg<BR>(&#039;pg&#039; is part of the paging loop, left all that out cause it is irrelevant)<BR><BR>- the form does not get displayed, and recordcount is -1 <BR><BR>- &#039;fff&#039; doesn&#039;t get displayed, obviously meaning the cursor type declaration is not working<BR><BR>- my sproc works, I tested in Query Analyzer and my recordset is returned correctly<BR><BR>- all I found on this error on almost every user forum related to asp is that I need to use a static cursor. Ok, done that, so why is this happening? Driver issue? It doesnt make sense, it cant possibly be that SQL Server doesn&#039;t support paging? <BR><BR>my only other solution is to use a manual paging algorithm , with getrows() and adopenforwardonly.<BR><BR>anyone seeing something I am not?<BR><BR>Much appreciated<BR>Steve<BR><BR>ps<BR>and yes i have read the articles/faq on why recordcount returns -1. They give good info, but I follow them (at least I think i did) but I still get the error.<BR>