Help ! Help !

Thread: Help ! Help !

Default Help ! Help !

Here is the scenario : <BR><BR>I have a list box, a text box and some set of checkboxes on the form. Using a loop, I am filling the list box with a field1 of a table, its corresponding values with field2 of a table. And on click of the listbox, I am checking the check-boxes based on field2 that was stored in list-box&#039;s value. <BR><BR> requirement is to also fill the text box with field3 of a table, during this click event of the list box. <BR><BR>so, can I use javascript to connect to the database and retrieve the record during the on-click event of listbox. <BR><BR>If so, please advice of how to do it ? <BR>I tried submitting a form explicitly, passing some hidden controls..etc,,but it didn&#039;t function as I expected it to be..and the code became little messy. <BR><BR>Also, I would like to know, whether we can call a VBScript function(server-side) from inside the client side javascript. <BR><BR>Like: <BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062; <BR>function ListClick() <BR>{ <BR> &#060;% FillTextBox %&#062; <BR>} <BR>&#060;/script&#062; <BR><BR>Please help !!! <BR>Thanks, <BR>Sunitha

Default Javascript at serverside

If i understood your question correctly, this might be the answer.<BR>(i) Your run the javascript at serverside and store all the required fields in a array. Then u can assign these arrays to any form fields in the client side for any event. <BR><BR>(ii) No.. You cann&#039;t call VBScript function through JavaScript in the serverside.<BR><BR>babu...<BR> m<BR>

Default ASPFAQs, category The Nature of Things

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including the one you are reading now.<BR><BR>You need to see FAQ #169.<BR><BR>