Date question (Oracle specific)

Thread: Date question (Oracle specific)

Default Date question (Oracle specific)

I&#039;m still having trouble with Oracle&#039;s terrible date implementation. I am attempting to select all the records from a certain month or year. My SQL statement is:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>oConn.execute("select * from MyTable where datepart(yyyy, DueDate)=2001")<BR>%&#062;<BR>I get the error "ORA-00904: invalid column name". It seems as if the database is interpreting the whole thing as the field name. In other words, my field name is "DueDate" but it thinks the field name is "datepart(yyyy, DueDate)". The reason I believe that to be true is because it works just fine if I use this SQL statement:<BR>&#060;%<BR>oConn.execute("select * from MyTable where DueDate=2001")<BR>%&#062;<BR>But that doesn&#039;t give me the recordset that I need. Can anyone see any mistake I am making or point me to a decent FAQ on dates in Oracle.<BR><BR>Thank you!

Default Just a shot in the dark

How about:<BR><BR>oConn.execute("select * from MyTable where to_char(DueDate,&#039;YYYY&#039;)=2001")

Default RE: Date question (Oracle specific)

Try using the oracle specific functions<BR><BR>Select * from MyTable where TO_CHAR(DueDate, &#039;YYYY&#039;) = &#039;2001&#039;<BR><BR>Let me know if this does not work-<BR>