URGENT ! Please HELP ...Transfer Control to Anoth

Thread: URGENT ! Please HELP ...Transfer Control to Anoth

Default URGENT ! Please HELP ...Transfer Control to Anoth

hi ... need help from anyone ..<BR><BR>currently i am using ASP 2.0 and i need to do a <BR>SERVER.TRANSFER("filename.asp") control statement. but ASP 2.0 doesn&#039;t support ASP3.0 commands like --&#062; SERVER.TRANSFER, SERVER.EXECUTE<BR><BR>i have to use ASP 2.0, can anyone advise me is there an solution that give the same effect as SERVER.TRANSFER ?? so that i can transfer control from a ASP page to another ASP page.<BR><BR>any suggestion, help is very much appreciated. as i am running out of time to complete my project. thanks in advance !!<BR><BR>Thomas

Default It kinda depends...

...on what is included in the server.execute page. If you need that page to return HTML to spit out to the browser, then perhaps this is a decent route:<BR><BR>This is off topic but the code is relevant to your question:<BR><BR>http://www.eggheadcafe.com/PrintSearchContent.asp?LINKID=139<BR><BR>If you are just running a function inside the server.execute page then maybe the Windows Scripting host is a better solution.<BR>Check it out on MSDN. It is pretty simple.<BR><BR>Server.transfer is really the same thing as Response.Redirect but doesn&#039;t make a separate trip back to the client side. It is a little slower but functions the same.<BR><BR>