Pop Up Window error

Thread: Pop Up Window error

Default Pop Up Window error

Hi I am just trying to use a pop up window which works fine when using a plain html page but I have a database field which I have inserted in the url to pop up and it does go to that page but then I get an error box to. My code is;<BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- hide from Javascript-challenged browsers<BR>function openWindow(url, name) {<BR>var popupWin = window.open(url, name, &#039resizable,width=750,height=500&#039)<BR>if (popupWin.focus !=null) popupWin.focus();<BR>}<BR>// done hiding --&#062;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>AND THE LINK IS:<BR><BR>&#060;a href="javascript:openWindow(&#039&#060;% Response.Write mscsPage.Encode(Trim(product("description"))) %&#062;&#039, &#039remote&#039);"&#062;<BR><BR>as I said is does bring up the correct page, but also an error box which says:<BR><BR>A runtime error has occured, Line 227, Error: Access denied.<BR><BR>any ideas how i can get rid of this?<BR><BR>Thanks alot.<BR><BR>Caroline

MikeD Guest

Default RE: Pop Up Window error

What is your code doing on line 227? It sounds like your JavaScript is working, but your server side code is the source of your error. <BR><BR>I have not seen/used the method Encode - I have seen the methods URLEncode, URPPathEncode, & HTMLEncode.<BR><BR>