Crystal reports question...!

Thread: Crystal reports question...!

Default Crystal reports question...!

Hi, <BR>I know this is not the place for a Crystal Reports qn, but I could not find a better site where one gets prompt responses...<BR>so here goes...(in case someone can suggest a good message board site for Crystal reports then please let me know)<BR><BR>I have a situation where I could get 4 possible values for a particular column that would be displayed in my report.<BR>Assume it could be A,B,C or nothing. Now at the group footer I have to display the number of times each of those values appeared. For instance if there were 10 rows in the group and A appeared thrice then the Group footer would read. Number of times A appeared = 3.<BR>Now how do I calculate this for my report?<BR>Please help...<BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR>

Default RE: Crystal reports question...!

Insert the field in the report and add 4 formula-fields that look like this (basic syntax):<BR><BR>@Formula_A:<BR><BR>IF theField = "A" THEN<BR> Formula = 1<BR>END IF<BR><BR>@Formula_B:<BR><BR>IF theField = "B" THEN<BR> Formula = 1<BR>END IF<BR><BR>etc etc.<BR><BR>Now in the footer of you report do a sum on each of the 4 formula fields