Bah humbug !

Thread: Bah humbug !

Default Bah humbug !

&#039;Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the Net,<BR>There were hacker&#039;s a surfing. Nerds? Yeah, you bet.<BR>The e-mails were stacked by the modem with care,<BR>In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.<BR><BR>The newbies were nestled all snug by their screens,<BR>While visions of Java danced in their dreams.<BR>My wife on the sofa and me with a snack,<BR>We just settled down at my rig (it&#039;s a Mac).<BR><BR>When out in the Web there arose such a clatter,<BR>I jumped to the site to see what was the matter.<BR>To a new page my Mac flew like a flash,<BR>Then made a slight gurgle. It started to crash!!<BR><BR>I gasped at the thought and started to grouse,<BR>Then turned my head sideways and clicked on my mouse.<BR>When what to my wondering eyes should appear,<BR>My Mac jumped to a page that wasn&#039;t quite clear.<BR><BR>When the image resolved, so bright and so quick,<BR>I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick!<BR>More rapid than mainframes, more graphics they came,<BR>Then Nick glanced toward my screen, my Mac called them by name;<BR><BR>"Now Compaq! Now Acer!", my speaker did reel;<BR>"On Apple! On Gateway!" Santa started to squeal!<BR>"Jump onto the circuits! And into the chip!<BR>Now speed it up! Speed it up! Make this thing hip!"<BR><BR>The screen gave a flicker, he was into my "Ram",<BR>Then into my room rose a full hologram!<BR>He was dressed in all red, from his head to his shoes,<BR>Which were black (the white socks he really should lose).<BR><BR>He pulled out some discs he had stored in his backpack.<BR>Santa looked like a dude who was rarin&#039; to hack!<BR>His eyes, how they twinkled! His glasses, how techno!<BR>This ain&#039;t the same Santa that I used to know!<BR><BR>With a wink of his eye and a nod of his head,<BR>Santa soon let me know I had nothing to dread.<BR>He spoke not a word, gave my Mac a quick poke,<BR>And accessed my C drive with only a stroke.<BR><BR>He defragged my hard drive, and added a "Dimm",<BR>Then threw in some cool games, just on a whim!<BR>He worked without noise, his fingers they flew!<BR>He distorted some pictures with Kai&#039;s Power Goo!<BR><BR>He updated Office, Excel and Quicken,<BR>Then added a screensaver with a red clucking chicken!<BR>My eyes widened a bit, my mouth stood agape,<BR>As he added the latest version of Netscape.<BR><BR>The drive gave a whirl, as if it were pleased,<BR>St. Nick coyly smiled, the computer appeased.<BR>Then placing his finger on the bridge of his nose,<BR>Santa turned into nothing but ones and zeros!<BR><BR>He flew back into my screen and through my uplink,<BR>Back into the net with barely a blink.<BR>But I heard his sweet voice as he flew from my sight,<BR>"Happy surfing to all, and to all a good byte!"<BR><BR>Merry Christmas all<BR>

Default Macs and Netscape?

Ugh. Looks like this guy will have some problems in the New Year then :)

Default RE: Macs and Netscape?

Sounds like he aleady has some &#039;issues&#039; he needs to deal with. Good effort though, when is being launched?