Access Database

Thread: Access Database

Default Access Database

Someone built a site for us and I am responsible for maintaining it. I have been getting the following error on a few of the pages that are using the same database every morning. When I reboot the server it goes away and I get it back the next morning.<BR>There is a search on the site using Index Server which is not working properly anyways. I was wondering if it&#039;s causing this to happen.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR><BR><BR>objDC.Open "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/IMS_Workspace/Knowledge_Bank/Data/Knowledge_Bank.mdb") & ";Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=25;"<BR><BR>Error:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error&#039;80004005&#039;<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Could not use&#039;(unknown)&#039;; file already in use.<BR>

Default RE: Access Database

Here&#039;s what the Web Wiz Guide says about that error:<BR><BR>"This is a bit of an odd error that I have never received myself but have been asked about on number of occasions. It usually means that either incorrect permissions are set on the server or the incorrect version of MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components installed on the server or the version is not correctly installed). You need to ensure the ODBC version you have is 4 or greater."<BR><BR>Here&#039;s info I found somewhere else on that error:<BR><BR>"The cause of this error is usually that you have opened your database in its native environment using exclusive mode. This is a particular problem for Microsoft Access because the default open mode for all databases (unless you specify otherwise) is exclusive. You can (and should) override this behavior in Access using the Multiuser/ODBC section of the Options dialog.<BR><BR>Another possible cause is that you have set up your ODBC data source to be opened in exclusive mode. Unless you only want one user at a time to access your database you should never set ODBC data sources to be opened in exclusive mode."<BR>