RE: Access Denied on Window Object in VBScript

Thread: RE: Access Denied on Window Object in VBScript

Norman King Guest

Default Access Denied on Window Object in VBScript

When I am using a Window Object in VBScript, I get an "Access Denied" when the URL is in another domain. Is there a way to track this?<BR>It apparently only works if you open up a new Window to the same domain as the page it was called from. I want to be able to track the URL of the Window that was opened for the user. They could browse to anyplace and I want to be able for them to have the URL added as a link to their personal page if they like the Window that they browse to. On the original (calling) page I could have an ASP script to add the URL of the Window Object to their favorite links which can be displayed on their personal page.<BR><BR><BR>&#060;HTML><BR>&#060;HEAD><BR>&#0 60;TITLE>Document Title&#060;/TITLE><BR>&#060;/HEAD><BR>&#060;script language="VBScript"><BR>Sub LaunchWindow()<BR> dim obj_Window<BR> dim url<BR><BR> set obj_Window=window.open("Http://home.msn.com")<BR> obj_Window.focus()<BR> url=obj_Window.location<BR> msgbox url<BR>End Sub<BR>&#060;/script><BR><BR>&#060;body><BR>&#060;p onclick="LaunchWindow()">Click Here to Test&#060;/p><BR>&#060;/BODY><BR>&#060;/HTML>

Norman King Guest

Default RE: Access Denied on Window Object in VBScript

Aw come on, it has been a week. Did I stump you guys? <BR><BR>Anyone Anyone?<BR><BR>Bueller Bueller? <BR><BR>;)<BR><BR>Seriously, I need to know how to get around that.