Error not appearing on ASP page...

Thread: Error not appearing on ASP page...

Mark Vick Guest

Default Error not appearing on ASP page...

I have three IIS 4.0 servers. On one of them (my "TEST" machine) when an error occurs during ASP processing, the error is NOT displayed in my browser! This is very bad for my developers who think the server has just frozen on them. If I copy the page to one of my production servers, I can see the error in the browser. I know of one place where you can check "Show actual error in browser -or- Use this custom error:," but that is the same on all three servers. Very confusing for me, and worse for the porr developers trying to figure out why their code is not working! I know most error messages actually suck, but you&#039d be surprised - not having any error message is actually worse, I can verify!<BR><BR>Thanks again!

Ian S Guest

Default RE: Error not appearing on ASP page...

In the web site properties(IIS MMC) look under<BR>&#039Home directory&#039 then click &#039configuration&#039<BR><BR>Under App Debugging make sure that ASP<BR>client side or server side debugging are both<BR>not checked and also that &#039send detailed ASP error<BR>messages to client&#039 is selected. besides that? I dont know.<BR><BR><BR>hope this helps,<BR>Ian S<BR>