MAJOR performance problem: ADO/COM+/SQL2K

Thread: MAJOR performance problem: ADO/COM+/SQL2K

Default MAJOR performance problem: ADO/COM+/SQL2K

I&#039;ve got a very strange problem with an n-tier component app I&#039;ve built for an ASP solution. It runs just fine on our development servers, but grinds to a halt on our staging servers.<BR><BR>The architecture is fairly standard: ASP calls COM+ components in a Server application, which in turn calls a generic data access component in a COM+ Library application. There are 2 machines in each environment: an IIS/COM+ box and a SQL2K box.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve traced the execution of the code and the holdup seems to be happening in 2 places: setting the ActiveConnection of a Command object with a connection string (about 3 seconds) and actually opening the recordset (about 5-10 seconds, depending on the size of the recordset). Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?<BR><BR>Dunc

Default RE: MAJOR performance problem: ADO/COM+/SQL2K

Check that the IIS box is finding the SQL box efficiently. Try referencing the SQL Box by IP and then by machine name. Sometimes if you reference the machine by name it can take a while if it has to go through a funky dns list before it polls the local network.<BR><BR>Also, it&#039;s probably not an issue with SQL2k but make sure the named pipes stuff is turned off so your using all TCP/IP.