Problem with cookies

Thread: Problem with cookies

Default Problem with cookies

The shopping cart im working on gives both nonsecure and secure checkout options. I am having a problem with the secure checkout in that, the secured docs are located on a different domain name... so I cannot reset the cookies for the main domain. The problem is that if a user checks out using the secure method.. the cookies on the nonsecure server remain, and if they revisit the website their cart will have items the items that they purchased still in it. I've been trying to figure out a way to reset the cookies for both secure and nonsecure at the same time so that this does not happen. This also needs to work so that if the customer stops or accidentally closes the window right before the last stage of the checkout process their items will remain in the cart until they delete them or until the cookie expires. I dont want to delete the cookies prematureley nor do i want them to remain once someone has checked out using the secure form.. :/ any solutions???

Default RE: Problem with cookies

After checkout, redirect to a specific page in the other domain that removes the necessary cookies.<BR><BR>I believe this is even how Microsoft Passport works... it goes to a page that examines one of their cookies that lists the sites you&#039;ve been to. It then loads an "image" from each of these sites, the request of which will tell your browser to expire the cookies from the other domains.<BR><BR>I don&#039;t believe you&#039;ll be able to do it any other way.<BR><BR>HTH,<BR><BR>Aaron<BR>