DLL with unknown project/class name

Thread: DLL with unknown project/class name

Default DLL with unknown project/class name

I have a DLL and I know the functions it contains (and the parameters needed in each). I don&#039;t have the source code so I don&#039;t know the project name and the class name(s). Is it possible to use functions from this DLL in an ASP application?<BR>Thank you.<BR>Dimitris

Default RE: DLL with unknown project/class name

U can find out the Project/Class name ...<BR>Open a new VB project and provide reference to this DLL.<BR>then u initialise the dll as <BR>dim somevar as dllname.classname<BR><BR>putting . after the dll name it will display the class names.<BR><BR>try this...<BR><BR>regards<BR>santhosh

Default RE: DLL with unknown project/class name

Thank you santhosh for the quick reply.<BR>The library I want to use isn&#039;t on the "Available References" window, so I manually select it using "Browse..." and get the following error message "Can&#039;t add a reference to the specified file".<BR>The DLL is working perfectly with VB when I add to a VB project a module with the function declarations (provided by the DLL manufacturer).<BR>Any ideas?<BR>Dimitris<BR>

Default If I understand correctly, you are looking for the

program id for a .dll that you did not write. One quick way to find it, would be to register it on your server and then use the OLE/COM Viewer tool from Microsoft. You can download from their site for free.<BR><BR>Pete

Default RE: If I understand correctly, you are looking for

Another problem is that I cannot register the library, I get the message "... the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of ..."<BR>So many problems! :-/

Default I'm sorry then you might be out of luck

Can you contact the vendor/person who created it?

Default RE: I'm sorry then you might be out of luck

It was created by Athena (www.athena-scs.com). I have to write a smart-card application and I need the dll (ase32.dll) to open/close the card, read/write ect. I have contacted Athena and they said I have to buy the Delevoper&#039;s Kit...<BR>Anyway thanks for your time!<BR>Dimitris