Server object error 'ASP 0177 : c0000005'

Thread: Server object error 'ASP 0177 : c0000005'

Default Server object error 'ASP 0177 : c0000005'

I get the following error when trying to do a search on Site Server 3 server. This happens intermittantly - the server will be running ok then you&#039ll just get this error from then on. A reboot cured last time, but now i&#039m not so lucky. Anyone else seen this, and whats the cure. Im admin running this, which suggests to me its not permissions......<BR><BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : c0000005&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/home/scripts/search/search.asp, line 155 <BR><BR>c0000005 <BR>

Ian S Guest

Default RE: Server object error 'ASP 0177 : c0000005&#

This isn&#039t the answer just a suggestion:<BR>See which object is being creted in<BR>home/scripts/search/search.asp on line 155<BR>and see if that object has an error handling<BR>object/method. If it raises and error it<BR>will definetly be more useful to you than this<BR>message (ASP error messages are very ambiguous - <BR>this should be fixed in IIS5)<BR><BR>Also, assuming you use NT server, check the application<BR>log (in the event log) to see what error is raised when <BR>this event happens.<BR><BR>One more thing, I don&#039t know allot about site server,<BR>but I assume it uses index server to search (or something<BR>similiar). Make sure this service is up and running.<BR><BR><BR>HTH,<BR>Ian S