Connecting to a database

Thread: Connecting to a database

Default Connecting to a database

Is there a MS SQL Server 2000 for dummies? I'm not a programmer, I just need to set up a simple, slightly "relational" database and be able to edit it on a MS SQL Server 2000 where the host provider offers zero support beyond the server. Is there some software or resource that will handle the basics without requiring a huge a priori body of SQL, RDMS or other similar knowledge? To make matters worse, a software that will run on a Mac? Okay, that's too much to ask. Just a resource then, evern a book, that will talk me through SQL 2000 commands? All help greatly appreciated.

Default RE: Connecting to a database

Well,<BR><BR> I am a Newbie, and dont take what I say too seriously, but Enterprise Manager 2000 From Microsoft is the program *i think* you are looking for. I dont know if its made for the Mac platform or not tho. Try searching Microsofts sire for more answers.

Default Do you have....

MS Access? Becuase if you do...(Access 2000 or newer) you can use that to easily connect to, and work with your SQL Server DB.<BR><BR><BR>And for a good book, look at Wrox&#039;s Beginning SQL Server 2000, and see if it&#039;s what you need.