case sensitivity

Thread: case sensitivity

Default case sensitivity

Hello,<BR><BR>I&#039;m writing a udf to validate a user&#039;s password for a login portion of my site. I do a comparison in the udf that compares the password parameter to the password in the database. The problem is that this comparison is not case sensitive.<BR><BR>I think that case-sensitivity is a database-level option, but I need to know if there is a way to toggle it on/off just for this function.<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Neils

Default You can do it the other way around...

Set the DB to *be* case sensitive, and then it&#039;s reasonably easy to make your queries be insensitive:<BR><BR>...WHERE UCase(someField) = UCase(&#039;some Value From VBS or whatever&#039;) ...<BR><BR>Most DBs have UCase or UpperCase or something along those lines.<BR><BR>But doing it the other way... I can&#039;t think of anything that would do it.<BR><BR>You might have to resort to allowing the case insensitive match in the DB and then double checking the result in VBS code. (When you do var1=var2 in VBS, it *is* case sensitive.)<BR><BR>