problem with special characters in DB

Thread: problem with special characters in DB

Default problem with special characters in DB

By mistake, I&#039;ve posted this same problme in ASP Q & A. <BR>Sorry about that.<BR><BR><BR>I&#039;m having one problem in my asp/sql case. I tried to find the solution for it almost everywher but i couldn&#039;t find it. <BR>Here is the sceneriao:<BR><BR>strsql = "EXEC Search_LName &#039;Muñoz&#039; "<BR><BR>Set rsResults = objConn.Execute(strSQL)<BR>if i use this somehow, the &#039;ñ&#039; character gets changed to &#039;ñ&#039; and so i dont get results i want. <BR><BR>BUT, the funny part is,<BR>if I use this:<BR><BR>Set rsResults = objConn.Execute("EXEC Search_LName &#039;Muñoz&#039; ")<BR><BR>it works fine. <BR><BR>Where should I make changes so those "special characters" don&#039;t get changed?<BR><BR>Any clue??

Default Are telling 100% truth?

Did you try *exactly* the code you are showing???<BR><BR>Or, in the version that did not work, did the string Muñoz come from an HTML form input or some such?<BR><BR>Could you try *exactly* this code:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>strsql = "EXEC Search_LName &#039;Muñoz&#039; "<BR>Response.Write "strsql is " & strql & "&#060;HR&#062;" & vbNewLine<BR><BR>Set rsResults = objConn.Execute(strSQL)<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>And show what the Response.Write gives you and verify that you don&#039;t get the results?<BR><BR>